15 Minute Fajita Tacos
Quick, easy, and perfect for the busy families
Let's face it, we're all busy and some days quick and easy dinner is just our reality.
I threw together this simple sheet pan recipe this week — It was the perfect meal for two to three people. We also saved some leftovers and reheated them the next day, still delicious!
Final verdict: perfect for a quick dinner + meal prepping! Win, win in my book.
Makes: 6 tacos, serves 3
2 chicken breasts, cut into strips
Taco seasoning, to taste
½ of a medium red onion, sliced
2 bell peppers, sliced
½ T of olive oil
6 tortilla wraps
½ cup of mozzarella cheese
1 lime, sliced
Avocado, sliced (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 400℉. Line two sheet pans with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick spray.
2. Slice raw chicken breasts into thin strips and lay evenly on the sheet pan. Lightly coat the strips in taco seasoning.
3. Place sliced onion and bell peppers in a medium bowl. Add ½ T of olive oil and taco seasoning and mix until vegetables are well coated.
4. Place vegetable mixture on the second sheet pan and place both pans in the oven for 15 minutes. Stirring every 5 minutes.
5. Warm up tortilla wraps in the microwave or on a skillet. Place fajita mixture into wraps.
6. Lightly top wraps with mozzarella and fresh lime juice.
7. Fold, serve, and enjoy!
Did you try this recipe? I’d love to see it. Share it with me on social media, tag me @ashleythedietitian
About the Author
Ashley Mulkern, MS, RD is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist with a Masters of Science in Nutritional Sciences and Bachelor of Science in Dietetics from the University of Cincinnati. She loves anything covered in chocolate, sprinkles, or butter. Her favorite things to do are exercising, baking, and reading.