Avocado Banana Bread
Don’t knock it until you try it!
This is a tried & true recipe — A fan favorite even! I can GUARANTEE you won’t even know there’s avocado in them!
I actually adapted this recipe with the help of my boyfriend, Blake. He snagged it from an old family recipe book and adjusted it during college for an experiment in one of his cooking courses. Who would have guessed that it would be so well loved!
Not only does this recipe have added health benefits because we cut the butter in half, but it’s super moist and not sticky like a lot of other banana bread recipes.
Pop these in the microwave before you eat them and they are PERFECT.
^ like look how delicious this looks! I eat them for an afternoon snack at work all the time. I'll even bring them for breakfast every once in a while.
A few things that I used for this recipe are linked below:
These are my favorite silicone muffin tins. So cute, easy to clean, reusable, and dishwasher safe!
Makes: 1 loaf or 24 muffins
1 cup sugar
¼ cup margarine
½ of a medium avocado
2 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 ripe bananas
1. Preheat the oven to 350℉. Grease loaf or muffin pan.
*If making muffins, you will need two muffin pans
2. In a large mixing bowl, add sugar. Cut margarine and avocado into the sugar.
3. In a separate bowl, beat eggs well and combine into the mixture in the large mixing bowl.
4. Add vanilla and combine.
5. In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Sift into large mixing bowl and combine well.
6. Beat in bananas until smooth.
7. Add ½ cup of chocolate chips and combine.
*I like to use mini chocolate chips
8. Add mixture to greased muffin tins or loaf pan. Add a few chocolate chips on top for extra chocolate.
9. Bake for 30 minutes, rotating every 8-10. When golden brown, remove and let cool before storing in an airtight container