Chicken Vegetable Pizza w/ EVOO
Add a twist to pizza night with this light and delicious no sauce pizza
You know that saying “don’t fix what isn’t broken”? Most people would apply that to pizza. Why change something that is loved by billions of people around the globe, right?
I decided to fight the mainstream on this one during the 2020 quarantine (because let's be honest, what else did I have to do?). I took the time at home as a chance to try and fix some underlying gut issues and found that PIZZA (🤭) was a trigger food for me. Devastating, I know.
Luckily for me, my boyfriend worked at a local pizza shop in college and helped me find some combos that would work for me! Turns out, it wasn’t the pizza as a whole that bothered me, it was the SAUCE.
Needless to say this recipe is a game 👏🏽 changer 👏🏽 for me. I hated the idea of having to restrict a whole food and am glad I found a way to balance it out and make it work in my diet.
Alright, let’s cut to the chase! Recipe for this easy, delicious, & *gut-friendly* pizza is below.
Makes 8 slices
1 pizza crust (homemade or store bought)
2-3 T of evoo
1.5 T of minced garlic
2 c mozzarella cheese, shredded
¼ red onion, thinly sliced
½ green bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 medium chicken breasts, baked and thinly sliced
1 T red cayenne pepper
handful fresh cilantro, chopped
¼ c parmesan cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 400℉. Place pizza stone in the oven to preheat for the best crust finish.
2. Place uncooked chicken breast in 8x8 pan and season with flavors of your choosing, we used 1 T chicken seasoning, 1 T blackening, 1/2 T thyme, 1/2 T oregano, 1/2 T voodoo.
3. Bake chicken for ~20 minutes (or an internal temperature of 165℉).
4. While chicken is baking, prep the pizza crust. Mix EVOO and minced garlic and spread or brush evenly on the uncooked crust.
5. Cover with mozzarella cheese, sliced onion and bell pepper.
6. Once chicken is fully cooked, slice breast into thin slices and spread evenly on pizza.
7. Place in oven for ~10 minutes (or until crust is golden brown)
8. Once cooked, garnish with preferred toppings, serve and enjoy!